It’s hard to find a vegan/gluten free friendly restaurant outside of a major metropolitan area. Actually it’s hard to find these places in New York City too – I’ve had too many moments where hunger turned into hangriness because I couldn’t find anything close by to eat (why does hunger always have to come on so suddenly anyway?)
But one place where I am A.O.K. to chow down is Sprig & Vine in New Hope, Pennsylvania. Not only is it full of options, it’s honestly my favorite vegetarian restaurant ever. Yes, I like it way more than most places in NYC. It’s simply not to be missed. Here’s why:
- Everything they cook is local and organic. If it’s not from the area, it’s not on the menu.
- It is highly veggie driven. None of these “fake drum sticks,” “veggie burger” crap that vegetarians are usually served – all of which is usually jam packed with gluten. These are hefty plant based meals with a huge variety of flavors (See sample menu below.)
- Every member of the staff is super happy to be there and the chef is always nearby to chat.
- They use the firmest tofu ever.
- They serve a PB&J French Toast for dessert which is frankly the most amazing interpretation of that sandwich I have ever consumed – sadly it has gluten, but if there is one glutitious experience I’m going to miss, it’s that one.
Basically, if there is such a thing as vegetable food porn, this is it. See for yourself:
Yep, that’s A LOT of veggies! And if you’re more of a readerly type, check out the menu below to get an idea of how intricate these dishes really are. (Can’t guarantee this food will be there when you go since their menu is always changing, but you can find the most recent one on the Sprig and Vine website.)
Are you hungry yet?